- Retailer X is one of the world’s leading and established luxury fashion brands that sell products through multiple channels.
- With a wide range of products in clothing, leather goods, shoes, perfumes, cosmetics, watches and jewelry, Retailer X operates over 500 retail outlets around the world and processes thousands of credit card transactions on a daily basis.
- The award winning luxury chain is well known for its top of the line customer service and has a presence in more than 50 countries around the world.
Web Application for Multi National Luxury Retailer
- UI Design
- UI Development
- Database Design
- API Integration
With a global presence and an omnichannel retail approach, Retailer X has a huge amount of data converging from multiple touchpoints in various formats for business transactions. They were unable to integrate the data into a single format in real time making data transformation a tedious, expensive and time-consuming process.
- Retailer X received data from a large number of business transactions made through credit cards at various touch points across the world
- The data was received in the CSV format from the payment processor, but the platform used for the account reconciliation process used the XML format
- Retailer X had an ETL solution that processes data transformation only in batches causing considerable delay in payment processing
- Their ETL solution was technology heavy and was difficult to interpret for non-technical users
Retailer X required a solution that would easily integrate the data and convert it into the required format. They also wanted a solution that would enable business analysts without technical knowledge to be able to address integration exceptions and eliminate the need for an additional IT resource to process exceptions.
for RETAILER X
After a detailed analysis of Retailer X’s challenges and requirements, CloudNow determined that our proprietary iPaaS and Data Prime solutions would be the best approach to resolve the client’s difficulties and enable them to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
Here’s how CloudNow’s solutions benefited Retailer X
Data Transformation Costs
IN REAL TIME
Retailer X was in need of a solution that would help them to compile, convert and upload data from business transactions made through credit cards at various touch points across the world - in real time. A typical ETL solution provisions such a data transformation only in batches.
The incoming data was, by and large, received in the CSV format from the payment processor. For the account reconciliation process, Retailer X was using Cybersource -- and this platform requires files to be uploaded in the XML format.
Through the use of CloudNow’s proprietary iPaaS, Data Prime, we were able to provide Retailer X with the ability to integrate incoming files from all retail locations around the world into the format required. The entire process of data transformation was automated, so that they could be processed continuously, and without any delay.
Typically, most ETL solutions are technology heavy and not very user-friendly when it comes to non-technical users. The handling of exceptions, in such solutions, requires code-level action and IT intervention.
Retailer X, however, needed such a solution wherein exceptions could be handled by business analysts - with their understanding of the business logic, a business analyst would be better placed to address integration exceptions at a lower cost, without the additional expense of an additional IT resource.
CloudNow provided training to business analysts at the enterprise in such a way that they could apply their knowledge of the required business logic to handle exceptions seamlessly. Moreover, functionalities like substrings, simple defaulting, truncation, and changes mapping were enabled for effective exception handling.
In the process, the need for an IT developer to handle ETL exceptions has been completely eliminated.
CloudNow helped Retailer X handle the real-time transformation of data using Data Prime, our highly customizable, proprietary iPaaS solution.
What’s more, with its service-oriented architecture (SOA), Data Prime offered a platform which made sharing, development and delivery more efficient and user-friendly.